Join us for a complimentary series of TED talks that will kick off our 2021 Virtual Retreat this year! Our Future Ready Learning lab is led by those leading the exponential trends shift. Whether you want to learn more or are actively pursuing technology or business changes, this session is sure to be a great resource.
Featured Presentations by:
- Oracle/Netsuite presents Accelerating the Close with Scott Beaver, Senior Product Marketing Manager
- The month-end accounts closing process is a crucial part. Closing the books each month is the process that sets the numbers in stone. It help business owners in measuring progress towards goals. They are also essential for performing an accurate cash flow projections for the future. However, the monthly close process can be time-consuming and labor intensive. Tracking down information from many other departments, identifying errors and making corrections can lead to issues like overtime, delayed reports, and frustrated stakeholders. This session will explore common challenges, compare your organization’s performance versus top performers, and explore best practices for closing the books.
- Sage presents Accounting in the Cloud Made Easy with Orlando Hammonds, Partner Account Manager
- The Sage session is for accounting professionals who want to increase value to their clients and organizations by learning about the advanced accounting features and cloud capabilities within Sage Business Cloud Accounting.
- Xero presents Trajectory, not Transaction: The Real Foundation of Advisory Relationships with Michael Soby, Partner Account Manager and Tate Henshaw, CFP®, Xero National Ambassador, Arc Management, Co-Founder
- Stop looking in the rear view at transactions that have already happened, and start planning for success. Becoming an advisor means mapping out the path with your clients, and traveling the road with them. Join us as we discuss the move to advisory, and how it impacts you, and your clients, as you shift your focus from transactions to trajectory.
- Safesend presents Tax Package E-Signing That Actually Works with Shannon Jencks, Director of Sales and Marketing
- This webinar will examine a variety of options for collecting e-signatures on a variety of documents commonly included with a tax package. We’ll explore what does and doesn’t work for tax professionals and review the benefits of using a solution built specifically for tax and accounting firms. The height of tax season is often the time when firms feel the impact of inefficient processes that haven’t been updated in years. The frustration of a missing spouse email address, a shared email address between taxpayer and spouse, e-signature requests that go to SPAM, or the taxpayer that can’t answer KBA questions to authenticate – only to be dropped out of the process – is exhausting. Sound familiar?The good news is you can reduce frustration for your firm and your client. In this webinar, we will talk about SafeSend Returns, the SafeSend Suite, and how a secure, intuitive, and guided online tax return delivery experience for clients, including 8879 e-signatures, can elevate your firm’s image, fortify your relationship, and reduce frustration for everyone.
- Thomson Reuters presents Peer Review Insights: How to Address Peer Review Head On with the Cloud with Max Schmaler, Specialist in Accounting and Audit
- Join Thomson Reuter’s Max Schmaler, Specialist in Accounting and Audit, as he discusses how to address peer reviews and how to utilize Thomson Reuter’s cloud-based audit software to facilitate compliance.
- AON presents Impact of a Worldwide Pandemic: Managing Professional Liability Risk with Robert Albertini, Senior Business Account Specialist
- This program will provide attendees with suggestions on how to mitigate the risk of a professional liability claim related to services delivered during the age of COVID-19. It is important to remember that this is a very fluid situation (laws and guidelines are changing all the time)
- Botkeeper presents AI/ML Enablement Solutions for Bookkeeping and CAS with John Barnes, Chief Product Officer
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning are the tools/solutions that will enable your firm to move forward with the technology, processes and insights to support your growth.
- Bytechek presents Automation in SOC 2 and Cybersecurity with Jeff Cook, CPA, CITP, CISA, CIPT, CCSK, Co-Founder & CFO
- The traditional way of doing IT (and SOC 2) audits is going away as a result of automation and it’s happening really fast. As not only a trusted advisor for your clients (think security in SOC 2), you also have to provide value. CPA firms must adapt and change to enhance their practices, their deliverables, and the value to their clients. Automation, and the tools that facilitate it, are the key.
Day two of the MACPA Future Ready Learning Lab is tomorrow morning at 9a.m.
Click here to register for Day Two >> Day Two
You can also find out more information about our 2021 MACPA Beach Retreat by clicking here to register for all the programs at one time.
- Cloud Accounting
- E-sign Automation
- Practice Management/Distributed Workflow
- Risk Management
- OCR/Data Entry/AI Automation
- SOC 2 / Cybersecurity Assessments
Maryland Association of CPAs
Professional Area of Focus
Register for this Event
Beach Retreat: Future Ready Learning Labs Day One