Rule 702 of the Federal Rules of Evidence
Changes are expected in 2023 regarding the role of expert witnesses when testifying in U.S. federal court.
Join this webcast to learn:
– The proposed changes compared to current requirements
– Common challenges faced by experts
– Practical impacts of the proposed changes
Current rules in Canada will also be discussed.
– Identify the role of the expert witness and requirements of Rule 702.
– Recognize the most frequent types and reasons for expert challenges and exclusions.
– Identify common issues facing experts.
– Recall recent case examples.
* Role of the expert in assisting the trier of fact (judge and jury)
* Common challenges and reasons for excluding testimony
* Implications of excluded testimony
* Managing client expectations as the expert
* Attorneys who engage expert witnesses
-* current professionals who provide expert witness testimony
-* professionals interested in providing expert witness testimony in the future
-* in-* house counsel/* litigation Attorneys who rely on experts