Auditing entities that hold or transact digital assets
Would you like to better understand the environment of digital asset transactions? Have you ever wondered if you should accept or continue a client engagement?
This webcast will help you identify challenges, risks and factors to consider when deciding to accept or continue with a client who holds or transacts with digital assets.
During the webcast and discussion, you will learn:
– The Digital Assets Working Group’s mission and the process through which nonauthoritative guidance is developed
– What private keys are and ways to safeguard them and the digital assets to which they enable access
– About the rapidly evolving nature of the digital asset ecosystem that may lead to challenges when performing required procedures surrounding laws and regulations
You will gain:
– Insight into the unique aspects of the risk assessment process when involved in the digital assets space
– Awareness of the pseudo-anonymous nature of digital asset transactions that may lead to challenges in performing required procedures surrounding related-party relationships and transactions with related parties
You will also gain access to valuable resources:
– Accounting for and Auditing of Digital Assets Practice Aid
– Blockchain Universal Glossary
– Webcast: Accounting for Digital Assets under U.S. GAAP
– Digital Asset Resources
– Recognize the terminology associated with auditing entities within the digital asset ecosystem.
– Identify applicable auditing standards and unique audit challenges related to: client acceptance and continuance; risk assessment and processes and controls; and laws, regulations and related parties.
– Identify potential factors to consider and procedures to perform in response to the challenges identified.
* client acceptance and continuance
* risk assessment and processes and controls
* Laws and regulations and related parties
* accounting and finance professionals