Audit Workpapers: Documenting Field Work
Workpapers are the building blocks for an audit. If relevant details are not listed in the workpapers, the manager and partner might not know about them or consider their ramifications. Everyone knows a poorly prepared workpaper is a time-waster, for the preparer, for the reviewer and for the partner, so proper workpaper preparation is critical. Learn the basics of workpaper preparation—form and content—to make sure everything significant is properly documented.
• Essential components of a workpaper
• Preparing and maintaining workpapers
• Different types of workpapers
• Documenting audit tests
• Workpaper critique
• Improving workpaper technique
- Apply basic standards regarding workpaper documentation and proper workpaper technique.
- Essential components of a workpaperPreparing and maintaining workpapersDifferent types of workpapersDocumenting audit testsWorkpaper critiqueImproving workpaper technique
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
10:30 am - 2:30 pm