Applying the COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework: Not-for-Profit Governance and Assurance
Not-for-profits (NFPs) are in the public eye and often held to a higher standard than for-profit businesses. Unfortunately, NFPs are not immune to ethical scandals and failures, which often play out in the media with attention from legislators and regulators.
This CPE course offers you detail-rich examples and interpretations that will help you apply proven techniques to address ethical challenges and create governance practices to create a culture of ethical management.
- When you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the COSO ERM framework to improve decision making to accomplish your NFP’s mission
- Identify risk response strategies
- Develop a reasonable risk management strategy
- Assessing risks
- Risk heat maps
- Executing risk response strategy
- Designing internal controls
- Organizational communications
- Monitoring outcomes
- Application of COSO ERM for small NFPs