Focus your finance function on the future
Is your finance department seen as a cost-center? Are you under-utilized and under-appreciated? You can change that paradigm. You can transform into a value-added, highly sought-after partner in your organization.
The traditional cost center is focused on the past, preparing historical financial statement and budget to-actual analysis. The value-adding finance department is focused on the future, helping to guide strategy, protect against risk, implementing change effectively,
and becoming a trusted organizational adviser.
• Identify the critical skills that today’s finance professionals need to add value to their team, other departments, and the company.
• Apply the Backcasting method of strategic planning to help plan your
organization’s desired future.
• Determine how to apply the Balanced Scorecard to your organization’s strategy to track progress towards and achieve success faster.
• Formulate a risk assessment to protect your organization’s success and minimize the chances of failure.
• Recall different social styles for engagement, impact, and influence.
• Determine how to plan for, implement and manage change.
• Choose techniques to motivate and elevate your team.
• Use an insightful financial analysis to maintain what is working and make organizational improvements.
• Skills for the 21st century finance department
• Strategic planning using the Backcasting method
• The Balanced Scorecard Method for aligning goals and objectives to
• Risk identification, assessment, and mitigation
• How to use social styles to build stronger relationships
• Methods for effectively implementing change and minimizing the human pushback
• Preparing a financial analysis that is insightful to the users, driving
improvements to the organization
• Hiring, managing, and retaining high* achieving employees
Finance professionals who want to develop the skills to transform the perception and elevate the impact of the finance department on the organization
Experience in financial management