Leading economic and finance experts from local government, investment and commercial banking will provide participants an update on current strategies to survive in a pandemic environment. Participants will have an opportunity to hear firsthand from the Anne Arundel County economic development cooperation about projects underway in Anne Arundel County. Gain an insightful perspective on investing in a post COVID world. You will also receive an overview of the current state of the banking industry from a leading regional banker.
• Understand how your local government serves as a catalyst for business growth and stability
• Update on exciting development projects
• Understand federal, local, and state investment opportunities
• Understand the business climate (locations, demographics, and government)
• Understand investment strategies in a post COVID
• Understand the banking conditions in a pandemic
- How local government recruits’ new businesses to locate to the region and assists in the expansion of existing businesses
- Anticipates and addresses workforce development needs of the county’s business community
- Promotes their respective county as a premier location for business
- Advocacy for County businesses undergoing the regulatory and approval process
- Financing assistance to county businesses
- Incentivizes redevelopment and revitalization along older commercial corridors
- When will markets recover?
- Recoveries can be worth the wait
- Patient investors have been rewarded after downturns
- While we can’t know exactly if or when the market will recover, stocks historically have recovered – often sharply – following a downturn.
- Since the Great Depression began in 1929, every decade has had major declines in the S&P 500. And, in every case, the five years following those declines have delivered, on average, positive returns.
- Bear markets don’t last forever
- Market volatility is especially uncomfortable when you focus on short-term ups and downs.
- Lengthen your perspective to focus on the long-term growth of your investments and the progress you’ve made toward your goals.
- Investors who focus on their goals, and not an arbitrary benchmark, can be more successful over time.
- Identifying investing opportunities amidst market volatility
- The benefits of long-term investing and staying the course during market turmoil
- Even world-changing events – wars, political upheaval, economic collapse – have only temporarily derailed stock markets.
- Tools and resources for the business community and job seekers
Maryland Association of CPAs
Who Should Attend
Designed For: Accounting Professionals and Practitioners, CFO’s, Finance professionals
Ben Birge Jeffrey Goff Sandy Honor
Register for this Event
AACC: 2020 Economic Update