You hear it all the time. Financial products are becoming more complex. Diversification has changed. Our approach to investing has changed.
What does all this mean? In this course, we will explore how investment theory has changed over time from Markowitz to Factor Investing. Using
examples and practical applications, we will talk about how our modern notions of portfolio building have developed throughout history.
• Identify the contributions of Harry Markowitz to Modern
• Recognize how the concept of diversification has changed over
• Distinguish between the major factor investing models
• Early Concepts of Investment Management
• Gordon Growth Model
• Harry Markowitz: Risk Return Trade-Off
• Fama & French: Factor Modeling
• Which factors are better?
• Smart Beta
• Incorporating Client Behavioral Biases
• What’s Ahead?
CPAs who are involved with the investment functions of their companies, as well as financial advisors who manage client
Basic understanding of investment terms and concepts