One of the biggest professional challenges for CPAs, CFOs, controllers and auditors today is keeping up with the rapid pace of information technology. This course will get you up to date on all the new and emerging technologies that impact the fields of accounting, finance, auditing and business in general. We will cover the full landscape, from the ground level of personal computer technology to the 5,000-foot level of emerging mega technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence, data analytics, robotic process automation and more.
Investing a day to attend this course will prepare you to actively participate in discussions with management, IT and service providers about all the topics related to information technology.
Upon completion of this course, you will…
• Be aware of the important technology trends that impact you and your organization.
• Be prepared to discuss specific technologies with your management team, IT staff
and service providers.
• Understand the emerging skills that will benefit you professionally.
The key topics that will be covered in this course:
• The current state of computer technologies such as server infrastructure, PCs, laptops,
mobile devices, displays and more.
• Cloud based software update – financial, ERP, workflow and productivity apps
• Emerging mega technologies at the core of “Industry 4.0” – what they are and potential
IoT (Internet of Things), big data, data analytics, KPI dashboards
Artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), blockchain
• Understanding the role of the Office 365 ecosystem in building a cloud-based digital office
CPAs or Financial Professionals