Podcast host Peter Margaritis, CPA, CGMA, MAc, interviews Tom Hood, CPA, CITP, CGMA, a nationally recognized author, speaker, and consultant, featured in the Journal of Accountancy, Accounting Today, and AccountingWeb.
The discussion centers around the 2016 AICPA Spring Council Meeting, with the big takeaway being the sense that people are beginning to understand the impact of the exponential pace of technology and the need to anticipate the new financial world we’re facing.
Estimated Length: 40 minute(s)
- Recognize the hard trends that CPAs need to monitor,
- Describe how the exponential change in technology will change the skill set of CPAs,
- Identify ways that CPAs will need to be more proactive with their clients, and
- Recall the key issues that were discussed at the 2016 AICPA Governing Council Meeting business.
- Why forward-thinking is so valuable to the CPA profession
- How collaboration between CPAs and other professions surrounding them will be more important as time moves on
- The hard trends that we can all be trained to see
- Why we can’t rely on higher education to fully prepare accountants for the new financial world we’re facing
Business Learning Institute
Who Should Attend
CPAs and professionals in public practice and industry
Register for this Course
Podcast Episode 3: Tom Hood, CPA, CITP, CGMA – Forward Thinking