We all have our 9/11 stories – the things we remember most when we think back to that terrible day.
As America observes the 20th anniversary of the attacks, it seemed appropriate that we here at “Future-Proof” should also recognize the anniversary in some way.
So much has changed since then, and I wanted to explore that from the perspective of our profession. So I sat down recently and spoke with a handful of accounting and finance leaders to gain some of their perspectives — to hear their 9/11 stories and find how they think this profession has been impacted by what happened 20 years ago.
To mark the occasion, we’ll going to hear from the following:
- AICPA President and CEO Barry Melancon.
- Tom Hood, executive vice president of business growth and engagement with the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants.
- Jessica McClain, controller for Brand USA and a member of The MACPA Foundation.
- Ed Rommel, a retired CPA, a former partner with TRS CPA Group, and a former chair of the Maryland Association of CPAs’ Board of Directors.
- Tim Samuel, CFO of Bridgeway Community Church and a member of the MACPA’s Board of Directors.
- Lexy Kessler, a partner with Aronson and current MACPA Board Chair.
- And MACPA President and CEO Jackie Brown.
Just a little time out this week for some reflection — and some time to look forward a bit as well.
Listen to this week’s episode here:
Future-Proof is a production of Crate Media.