Questions have been flying throughout the profession ever since the Supreme Court struck down Maryland’s income tax law with it’s “Wynne” ruling.
Now, the state’s Comptroller’s Office is providing a few answers.
Comptroller Peter Franchot’s staff has released a series of questions and answers surrounding some of the key issues related to the Supreme Court’s decision. Among them:
- Who is affected by the decision?
- How can refunds be claimed?
- How far back can requests for refunds be made?
- Will refunds be issued automatically?
- When will refunds be received?
- Will there be any changes to withholding tax tables and procedures based on the decision?
Read the FAQs in their entirety, and check frequently for updates. Officials with the Comptroller’s Office say the document will be updated as additional information becomes available.