Often that is the case here at the MACPA and BLI, but this time we wanted to share some recent news that resulted from several of our recent member-driven activities. It is great to see our members featured in these articles representing the best of our profession.
The four events that are driving these articles are:
- Rita McGrath (sixth most influential business thinker in the world) when she came to Maryland.
- Our New / Young Professionals Network and our work on the top issues facing young professionals.
- Our latest ThinkTank collaboration session with our Business and Industry members and the top five issues facing CFOs.
- Our Generational Summit last May.
Here are the articles and the publications:
America Bar Association Magazine
- The path to Y: Inviting and including the next generation of members, by Deidre Reid. The article features our NYPN work on the top seven issues facing young professionals, our Structure and Governance Project from 2000 and the CPA Horizons 2025 work we did for the AICPA.
- Mission-Driven Volunteer: MACPA Case Study, featured last fall in this whitepaper.
Baltimore Business Journal
- Say Goodbye to Your Competitive Advantage, by Joanna Sullivan
Certified Global Management Accountants (CGMA)
- You can thrive in complex times. Here’s how, by Bill Sheridan
- Two themes for companies to keep millennial workers engaged, by Neil Amato (CGMA and Journal of Accountancy), featuring our chairman, Byron Patrick, and our Rita McGrath event panelists, Carol Calandra of E&Y and Angela Avant of the National Association of Black Accountants.
Corporate Finance Insider
- Top five challenges facing CFOs, by Bill Sheridan, featuring MACPA leaders who are B&I members — Anoop Mehta, Joselin Martin, Amy Meyers, and our own Skip Falatko, and again featured in CGMA Magazine.
LinkedIn, featuring three of our posts in their Top 50 Infuencers which generated thousands of views:
- Big Idea 2014: The Shift Change in Accounting
- 2014: The Year of the Sticky Note! (This one caught the attention if 3M, who sent us a big box of their latest Post-It note products!)
- How to Grow and Avoid Disruption in 2014
CPA Practice Advisor included me in their Top 25 Thought Leaders of the Profession last week in Tampa.
Then there is the “social amplification” from the tweeting out the last three events we particpated in (combined almost 7 million impressions and a reach of over 250,000 people):