Some say fall is just a shorter way to say “football.” Some say fall is the time when their muffin tops turn into pumpkin rolls.
Here at the MACPA, we say fall is short for, “Pick four CPE courses and get $50 off.”
Fall is just getting started, but so far this year the accounting industry has seen a lot of change.
- The new accounting lease standards were voted to be pushed back for non-public entities until January 2021. Here’s a link to an article that addresses this implementation pushback.
- The AICPA chief auditor had new developments in the rules for audit evidence and key audit matters for non-public clients. You can read more about those developments here.
Those are just two of the many major changes this year.
With only two months left of this decade, NOW is the time to prepare for the upcoming tax and audit season by brushing up on:
- Ethics and Professional Conduct: Updates and Practical Applications
- Accounting and Financial Reporting Update for Nonprofits: Practical Insights in Current Financial Statement Issues Relevant to NP Entities
- Yellow Book in 4 Hours: Complying with the Latest Requirements
- Interpreting the New Revenue Recognition Standard: What All CPAs Need to Know
- Ethics for CPAs in Business & Industry
- A&A Update: Highlights of the Latest Accounting and Auditing Issues
- The Bottom Line on the New Lease Accounting Requirements
- Avoiding Peer Review Deficiencies and Legal Liability in Both Audit and Nonaudit Services, Including Bookkeeping and Preparing Financial Statements
We all know preparation is the key to success. Benjamin Franklin said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Chris Bradford, The Ring of Earth, said, “Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.” Confucius said, “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure.” You can insert any inspirational quote you want about preparation, but what we want you to do is take action. If you need to brush up on any of the topics above before the end of this year, click here. We would love to have you join us.