If you’re a CPA wondering what you should do now that the spring deadlines are met, how about planning out your 2020 CPE credits? To help you start planning, we’re going to relive the 2019 Beach Retreat and the CPE trainings that were offered.
This year was a little different than past years; we had a change of venue. This year, the event was held at the Oceanfront Suites at Princess Royale, and we think it’s safe to say that everyone enjoyed the new venue! Not only were we on the beach, but the updated suites, great food, and accommodations were perfect for our CPE courses.
We could go on and on … and we will!
The MACPA loves hosting this annual retreat. We take pride in making this a one-of-a-kind CPE learning event and offering top-level CPA continuing education. As in past years, we had many education courses to choose from:
- Future Ready Learning Lab
- New Emerging Leaders
- Annual Updates for Governments and Not-For-Profits
- Highlights of Current Accounting and Auditing issues
- Mid-Year Update on Individual Federal Tax Update
- Competitive Strategy and the External Environment
- Financial Reporting for Not-for-Profit Entities
- Leases Under New U.S. GAAP
- Operational Analysis and the Internal Environment
- Section 199A: An Up to Date Review of the Pass-Through Deduction
- Solutions to the Question of “How Does the 2018 Yellow Book Standards Affect My Financial Statement Audits?”
- Revenue Recognition Under New U.S. GAAP: Case Studies of the Impact of Applying Changes in Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Federal Tax Update – Mid Year Update –Business
- Financial Analysis and the Internal Environment
- A Practical Guide to Trusts
- Minimizing Professional Liability Risk and Peer Review Deficiencies in All CPA Services
- An Integrated Approach to Fraud Prevention, Detection, and Deterrence
- Soft Skills in Leadership, Negotiation, and Team Building
- The Many Faces of Fraud, Why Good People Make Dumb Choices
As you can see from this extensive list of courses offered, it wasn’t just a beach vacation! There was a lot of learning, discussing and networking with the educators.
As in past years, the educators we lined up to present were top-notch. We were lucky to have our CEO, Tom Hood, Chuck Gallagher, Michael Kraten, Daniel Bradley, Jennifer Louis, and Arthur Werner sharing their guidance and knowledge.
We had people coming from not only Maryland but all over the U.S. Ken Long made the trek to Ocean City all the way from Utah. You can see his interview with our CEO, Tom Hood, on Facebook here.
Ken was hooked on MACPA because of the online education webinars he took, the #FutureReady series, as well as our own “dynamic” CEO, Tom Hood. He is now a, MACPA member!
Ken was not the only one who brought his SPF and took CPEs. Here’s what others had to say about their experience at this year’s Beach Retreat:
Beth Onley lives in Virginia but is an MACPA member. She has been coming to the MACPA Beach Retreats for 25-plus years, and she said our events have a completely different feel.
Patricia Wagner made her way from Rising Sun, Md., where she works for Wagner & Associates. She said sending a person to the Leadership Academy has renewed her faith in CPAs.
Rachelle Coleman from Rockville TownHall DOL Office of Accounting said she was inspired by our #FutureReady message and uses RPA and bots to automate major functions at DOL.
Mark Welsh, who is a partner at TGM Group, said Jennifer Louis, one of our presenters, is a really good accounting and auditing instructor.
John Broderick from Intercom said he enjoyed the Beach Retreat. The CPE topics were good and timely with very good instructors, and pleasant and helpful MACPA staff were everywhere you turned.
Jennifer Jefferson from SEW Friel enjoyed it so much that she signed up for next year onsite.
If you have FOMO after reading all of this, we don’t blame you: It was a pretty awesome retreat. Like Jennifer Jefferson, we’re already looking forward to the 2020 Beach Retreat and we’d love to have you! To sign up, click here, then share this blog post with anyone you think might benefit.