CPAs and other tax practitioners looking for a quick study on a year’s worth of federal and state tax changes in two days, will not be disappointed at this year’s -the 47th annual – Chesapeake Tax Conference.
The conference, slated for Sept. 22, will be offered in two formats: live at Martin’s West Conference Center in Baltimore, MD, and also with a simulcast option for those wishing to tune in from home, office (or home office!)
Top 3 reasons to attend
Chesapeake Tax Committee co-chairs Jeremy Bendler, CPA, ABV of Klaus, Bendler & Associates and Melanie Kletz, CPA of Grant Thornton have led their committee in putting together an extensive program agenda with expert speakers, detailed further below.
Kletz shares her thoughts on the top 3 reasons to attend the conference:
- Current Hot Topics – such as, Affordable Care Act, R&D, Current Federal/State Tax Update, an Economist Update and much, much more
- Network with your peers
- Fulfill your continuing education requirements
Topics to be covered
Following are some of the state and federal tax topics that will be covered at the conference, and some of the speakers:
- Federal Tax Update: David DeJong
- Residential Real Estate: Tom Nice
- Planning for MD Estate Taxes: David Nessin
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Update and Implementation: Eddie Adkins
- What Professionals Need to Know About Changes in Social Security Claiming Strategies: Jodi Davis
The MACPA plays a leading role in tax and other business advocacy roles at the state capitol, and together with the AICPA in federal advocacy. Save the Date – January 26, 2017 – for CPA Day in Annapolis. The program offers 4.0 CPE and the opportunity to meet with your legislative representatives to educate them on issues of concern to tax, audit and business professionals in Maryland. For background info, see: It’s a Wrap: Maryland General Assembly Ends 2016 Legislative Session.