General CPE Information: Registrations, Cancellations, Record-keeping
The MACPA will e-mail a confirmation form to you after your registration is received. Please bring a copy of the confirmation with you on the day of the program. It will serve as your official attendance documentation (MACPA will provide a blank form if you forget to bring your copy). The form should be turned into the MACPA at the conclusion of the event. To ensure accurate documentation, please be sure to sign the confirmation and indicate the actual number of hours attended. If you must leave prior to the scheduled end time of the event, please adjust the credit hours accordingly. If you do not receive a confirmation form two weeks prior to the program, please call our office to confirm your registration or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations / refund policy
If you are unable to attend a seminar or conference, please notify us as soon as possible. The cancellation and refund schedule is as follows:
More than 10 business days before the program, you may:
- send a substitute* in your place;
- transfer the full value to another course;
- receive a refund less a $20 processing fee
- transfer balance to appropriate account (personal or firm). This is non-refundable and must be used within six months.
Fewer than 10 business days before the program, you may:
- send a substitute* in your place;
- transfer the full value less a $20 fee to another course (transfer credit must be used with the next six months);
- transfer balance to appropriate account (personal or firm), less a $20 fee. This is non-refundable and must be used within six months.
- receive a refund less 50 percent of the value of the course.
Seminar / conference cancellations will not be accepted after 5 p.m. on the previous business day. If course materials were sent in advance, these materials must be returned before any full or partial refund or transfer can be granted.
* Substitutes will be charged the fee difference for any courses taken under the Members-Only Discount Program or member vs. non-member fees.
Confirmation of registration
Time permitting, a confirmation form verifying the program title, location, time of the program and registration fee will be e-mailed or mailed to you when your registration is received. Please bring the form with you on the day of the program. Blank confirmations will be provided at the site for registrations received less than one week before the program (including online registrations).
If you do not receive a confirmation form up to two days prior the program, please call our office at (800) 782-2036 to confirm your registration.
Our dress code is business casual. For your comfort, we recommend dressing in layers to accommodate typical variations in meeting room temperatures.
Attendee evaluation forms are provided at every event. We strongly urge each attendee to complete the form. The results assist in determining the quality of the event, the effectiveness of the speaker(s), and help to ensure that the mandatory educational requirements have been met.
Unless otherwise noted, the course registration fee includes: instruction, course materials, lunch and beverage breaks. MACPA members, non-CPAs referred by MACPA members, or CPAs who are members of other state CPA societies pay the member fee for each course. CPAs who are not members of the MACPA or any other recognized state CPA society are required to pay the non-member fee, which includes an additional $100 per day of instruction. Only MACPA members may participate in the Multi-Course Discount Program. If you wish to become a member of the MACPA, join here.
Government employees may submit a purchase order or a training authorization order provided payment is received by the program date. If not received, the MACPA will hold a personal check or credit card number from the participant, which will be held until payment is received from the employer. If payment is not received within two weeks, the participant’s check will be deposited or credit card will be charged. The participant will be reimbursed by the MACPA when the employer’s payment is received.
We urge you to register early. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and classes frequently reach capacity well before the program date. Class capacity fills rapidly due to registrations received through faxes, postal mail and on-line registrations. You will be notified promptly if a course is full.
Three easy ways to register — online, by mail, fax:
- If you are registering online: Register online here. After registering online, an automated response will be sent to your e-mail address, notifying you that MACPA received your electronic registration request. If there are any problems with your registration or the class is full, you will be notified by an MACPA Customer Service Representative. THIS OPTION IS AVAILABLE UP TO 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. If you want to register two days or less prior to an event, please call MACPA for availability (800-782-2036).
- If you are registering via mail: Registration forms are located in your PD catalog and may be photocopied, or you can click here to download a form.The confirmation will be mailed to you. If there are any problems with your registration or the class is full, you will be notified by an MACPA Member Service representative.When registering, please include:
- a daytime telephone number, so you can be notified of course changes, full classes, or cancellations; and
- full payment, which must accompany all registrations. Checks are accepted for all courses (made payable to MACPA). Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards are accepted.
- If you are registering via fax: Registration forms are located in your PD catalog and may be photocopied, or you can click here to download a form.The confirmation will be mailed to you. If there are any problems with your registration or the class is full, you will be notified by an MACPA Member Service representative.Fax your registration to (410) 296-8713. Be sure to include Visa, MasterCard or American Express number, expiration date, cardholder’s printed name and signature.
CPE record keeping
To earn the recommended CPE hours offered for each course, you must (1) be sure to sign-in at registration and (2) submit a signed copy of your confirmation form at the conclusion of the course. If you do not have a confirmation form with you, ask the staff registrar for a manual form when you check in, or you may submit a signed note indicating the number of hours attended, your printed name, signature and certificate number. The MACPA maintains a record of actual attendance for all participants. If you arrive late or must leave the class early, please be sure to adjust the hours on your confirmation form or note to reflect the actual hours you attended. MACPA maintains attendance records for CPE earned at MACPA-sponsored programs. The State Board of Maryland requests that you sign both your copy and the MACPA’s copy of the confirmation.
Professional development transcripts
The MACPA maintains records for members who have earned CPE at MACPA- and BLI-sponsored events. Members may call MACPA for copies of their personal professional development records at (800) 782-2036. Members can also access their transcripts online. This feature enables members to keep track of all CPE credits and professional development needs in one convenient record. Online transcripts provide members the opportunity to:
- Review CPE courses taken from the MACPA;
- Keep track of your credits “to date;”
- Add non-MACPA sponsored courses to the member transcript;
- Print transcripts from choice of reporting cycles.
Timeframes and arriving on time
Be sure to allow enough time for traffic, parking, and check-in. MACPA event start and end times vary due to the complexities our multi-speaker, multi-session formats present. (For more specific information per events, please refer to the PD section or conference page of the Web site, or refer to the MACPA’s PD Source). An MACPA staff member will be present to distribute the course materials from 8 to 9 a.m. If participants arrive after 9 a.m., MACPA will send the course materials by UPS to the participant’s preferred mailing address. If you know that you will arrive late, please call our office and we will be sure to leave your course materials with the instructor.
Unless otherwise noted, the standard schedule for all MACPA events is:
- Check-in and receive materials: 7:30 a.m.
- Event starts: 8 a.m.
- Beverage break: Mid-morning
- Lunch break: 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. (catered lunch)
- Beverage break: Mid-afternoon
- Event ends: 3:30 p.m. – submit evaluation form and signed confirmation slip with hours completed noted
Evaluations will be collected at the end of the program.
The MACPA rarely cancels scheduled seminars due to inclement weather. Participants should assume programs will be held unless cancellations are reported on local radio stations (WBAL and WTOP). More specific information regarding possible cancellations will be available on the PD voicemail message, which can be reached by calling the MACPA at (410) 296-6250, ext. 248, or (800) 782-2036, ext. 248.
Need to check the weather now? Go to The Weather Channel’s Web site.
CPE credit guarantee
The MACPA understands the criteria necessary to qualify for CPE credit in Maryland. We guarantee that our courses will be accepted for the recommended CPE credit, or we will give you the option to enroll in another course of equal value at no charge or to receive a refund of your registration fee.
What are the recommended system requirements for a web event?
Windows 7 with IE 8+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
Windows 8 with IE 10+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
Windows 8.1 with IE 11+, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
Mac OS 10.9.x with Safari 7.x, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
Mac OS 10.10.x with Safari 8.x, Firefox 40.x, or Chrome 44.x
Linux Ubuntu 10.x with Firefox 40.x or 44.x
Adobe Flash 14+ (Click on link to install/upgrade): http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Computer with Speakers / Headset, resolution 1024×768 minimum, 1 GHz+ CPU, 512+ Mb RAM
High speed internet connection
Apple iPad / iPhone running HTML5
Android Device running Flash (Note: Android Jelly Bean currently does not support Flash).
Not all features that are available to PC/Mac attendees are available to mobile device attendees.
How do I run a system test prior to a webcast?
Please test your system by visiting this page: www.macpa.org/systemtest
How do I access my web events?
You should receive email notifications from the webcast platform (ON24) 3 days out, 1 day out and 1 hour prior to the program. This email contains a direct link to the webcast.
You can also access your program via the MACPA Learning Center: Logon to the MACPA site. Navigate to the My CPE page (drop down menu under your name) and click on Launch my Online Learning. Once in the Online Learning Center click on the title of the web event.
The course does not open when I click on it?
You may need to enable your popups (or remove the popup blocker).
I am not seeing the pop ups during the program?
You should see several popups during the course of a web event. You will need to click at least 70% of them in order to obtain your CPE credit. They will appear in the middle of your screen accompanied by an audible bell. If you do not see them you may need to install the latest version of Adobe Flash.
Can I watch this with my co-workers and get credit?
Every user must be logged on individually in order to earn CPE. Please only watch online programs in a group if you have previously arranged for group learning with MACPA or BLI staff.
How do I access the course materials for a web event?
The materials will be available on the webcast platform once the program begins.
How do I get my CPE Certificate?
CPE Certificates should be available at the conclusion of the program. You will receive an email from the webcast platform (approximately 15 minutes after the program has finished) with a link to download your certificate.
You can also retrieve your certificate from the Online Learning Center. Log in to the Online Learning Center, you will be taken to the homepage. Near the top of the page in the gray menu bar please click on “Transcript. You will see all of your past webcasts taken. Under the “Action” column you can view and print your CPE certificate.
Need additional help?
Contact MACPA at 410-296-6250 (or 800-782-2036), by email at email@example.com, or by logging in to the MACPA website and using the “help” feature in the lower right hand corner.
The information and suggestions presented at the classes, seminars and other programs sponsored by the MACPA are subject to constant change and, therefore, should serve only as a foundation for further investigation and study. Any forms presented at such classes, seminars or programs are samples only and are not necessarily authoritative. All information, procedures and forms contained or used in such classes, seminars, or programs should be very carefully reviewed and should serve only as a guide for use in specific situations. The opinions expressed by discussion leaders and discussion panelists are their own and are not necessarily those of the MACPA.