Now available: purchase a #MarylandCPAProud face mask and support the MACPA Educational Foundation! BUY NOW
 

As the number of COVID-19 cases continues to climb to record levels in Maryland, Gov. Larry Hogan has announced a new series of restrictions aimed at slowing the spread of the illness.

Effective at 5 p.m. on Nov. 11, indoor dining capacity at Maryland restaurants will be reduced from 75 percent to 50 percent. Bars and restaurants may open for seated and distanced service only, with strict capacity restrictions. Read the governor’s order in its entirety.

In addition, the following restrictions are effective immediately:

  • A new Maryland health advisory strongly discourages indoor gatherings of more than 25 people.
  • An out-of-state travel advisory is being expanded to advise Marylanders from traveling to any state with a positivity rate above 10 percent or any state with average case rates above 20 per 100,000 people. “Anyone traveling from these states should get tested and self-quarantine while awaiting results,” the governor said.
  • State government offices must return to mandatory teleworking. Exceptions are made for “essential, direct, public facing services and other essential personnel.” Hogan is strongly encouraging all businesses to expand their remote work capabilities.

“Since last week, most of our key metrics have worsened considerably,” Hogan said. “More people are getting infected with the virus, more people are being hospitalized, more people are going into intensive care, and more Marylanders are dying. The actions we are taking are absolutely necessary to help us withstand this surge, to save lives, and to keep Maryland on the road to recovery and open for business.”

Read more about the new restrictions.

Watch Hogan’s press conference here:

Loading
Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

Update my browser now

×