Should CFOs be on social media?
If so, why? And what about the risks?
This was the crux of my innovation lab session at the FEI Leadership Summit this week.
Start with the top five issues facing CFOs (from our research and polling at the conference):
- Talent development and retention
- Information overload
- Being reactive vs proactive
- Doing more with less
- Keeping up
And the twitter summary from the hashtag #FEISUmmit14 which is like having the notes from the entire conference.
Here are my top apps for creating your own personal information supply chain:
- Twitter (follow our Social CFO list)
- LinkedIn (follow the influencers in Accounting)
- Blog – Typepad or WordPress
- Slideshare – See my account here
- Twitter filter app – Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
- Evernote for curatiing and archiving
- Zite and Flipboard for collecting
- NEW killer app Refresh for contacts and meetings
What do you think?
Social CFO resources:
- Recaps from the conference from FEI are here and here
- Here is our on-demand training catalog
- See our YouTube playlist – Social Media for CPAs
- Our CPA Success blog section on social media
- Work Less, Make More – mobile technology and accountants from Rick Telberg
- How to Leverage Social Networking – Journal of Accountancy
- Check out our BLI catalog for social media training – on-line and on your location