Few things in life are guaranteed. If you’re a CPA, though, you know that changes to tax laws is one of those guarantees.
Luckily, the MACPA is here to help you tackle those changes.
For 50 years, the Chesapeake Tax Conference has been educating tax professionals on all of the changes and issues affecting tax accounting. This year’s conference is no exception. We’re going to focus on issues like:
- Federal Tax Update: September 2018 – August 2019
- Code Section 199A: One Year Later
- IRC §163(j) Interest Expense Limitations for Rental Real Estate
- IRS Identity Theft, Modernization
- Fringe Benefits Post Tax Reform
- Update on Special Needs Planning in 2019
- An Update on Maryland Tax Incentives
- Estate Planning for the 99% of Us / Basic Estate and Trusts
- An Economic Update
We know first-hand that it can be tricky to navigate these topics on your own, but why do it on your own when you can learn along with other industry professionals? We have the following area experts presenting this year:
- Tom Nice, CPA – CohnReznick
- Dan King, CPA – CohnReznick
- Stewart Schabes, JD, LL.M – Baker Donelson
- Mary O’Byrne, Esq. – O’Byrne Law LLC
- Mark Vulcan, Esq., CPA – Maryland Dept. of Commerce
- Jordon Rosen, CPA, MST, AEP – Belfint, Lyons, Shuman
- Daraius Irani, Ph.D. – Towson University
Early-bird pricing won’t be around for much longer, so make sure you sign up before Aug. 19. The early-bird price is $295 for MACPA members and $395 for non-members. The price goes up to $320 for MACPA members and $420 for non-members on Aug. 20. Time’s ticking, so sign up here!