It’s time to pull the plug on 2017. Thank god. As Dave Barry says in his hilarious annual year in review, “Did that really happen?”
While everyone else tries to separate fact from fiction, we’ll simply sum up the past year with some of the most relevant “years in review” for CPAs.
Take a quick look back, if you dare … and then brace yourselves. Something tells me 2018 is going to out-weird 2017. And frankly, that would be extraordinary.
Happy New Year, friends!
- How closely did you following accounting news in 2017? (Journal of Accountancy)
- Tax strategy: 2017 in review (Accounting Today)
- A last look at leadership in 2017 (Associations Now)
- The best business and leadership books of 2017 (Fast Company)
- Maryland year in review: Medical cannabis industry launches (Baltimore Business Journal)
- What Americans watched, ate, and spent money on in 2017 (Business Insider)
- The 10 cleverest tech ideas of 2017 (Fast Company)
- Google’s year in search 2017 (Google)
- The top 10 media stories of the year (The Hill)
- The 25 best new apps of 2017 (Fast Company)
- 2017 year in review (New York Times)
- 2017: A year in review and a look ahead (CNN)
- Dave Barry’s 2017 year in review: Did that really happen? (Miami Herald)
- The weirdest news stories of 2017 (Quartz)