BEACH RETREAT: Innovative Tax Tips for Individuals- Peter Towle, CPA (111008)
Online registrations are closed for this event. We can take your registration over the phone at 800-782-2036.
Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax planning and investment strategies. Completely updated for tax law changes, this course will bring you up to date on ways to save taxes with strategies for retirement savers, investors, homeowners and real estate investors, college savers, small business owners and just about anyone who pays taxes.
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED ROOM RATES FOR ATTENDEES: Discounted room rates at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel. Make hotel reservations by June 2, 2012. You must call the Clarion at 800-638-2100 and request the special Maryland Association of CPAs group rate. Two night minimum stay; rates good June 30, 2012 - July 8, 2012.
$189 Standard Double Ocean Front
$209 Standard King Ocean Front
(Condos are rented by week only)
$ 245 One Bedroom Condo
$365 Two Bedroom Condo
$500 Three Bedroom Condo
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to: Increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving angles that are too good to ignore Implement planning moves opened up by new and recent tax developments Avoid tax pitfalls
- Lots of tax law changes
- All about Roth IRAs - including strategies for self-employeds and real estate planners
- Perfect storm for ROTH conversions
- Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients - including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husbanc-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and lots more
- Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Planning for divorcing clients - tax angles are critically important!
- State-of-the-art planning for college - including the new American Opportunity credit, impact of parental capital loss carryovers and last-minute moves for procrasinators
- Claiming IRA and 529 plan losses
- Taking advantage of new refundable AMT credit
- Tax planning for employee stock options
Who Should Attend:
* CPAs looking for innovative tax-planning and savings techniques to solve client problems
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation