BEACH RETREAT: Advanced Issues in Mergers, Acquisitions and Sales of Closely Held Businesses - Peter Towle, CPA (111005)
Online registrations are closed for this event. We can take your registration over the phone at 800-782-2036.
Here's a topic with a lot of "sizzle!" There is typically no more financially important decision an owner makes than the purchase or sale of a business. Business transactions are marquee events in the history of most closely held businesses and, therefore, demand inordinate attention to detail and process. Many skill sets are involved in this process and topics such as accounting, taxes, negotiations, business valuations, strategic thinking, finance, family businesses and group dynamics are covered here. Follow the real-life situations in this course, so you can be your clients' trusted strategic advisor.
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED ROOM RATES FOR ATTENDEES: Discounted room rates at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel. Make hotel reservations by June 2, 2012. You must call the Clarion at 800-638-2100 and request the special Maryland Association of CPAs group rate. Two night minimum stay; rates good June 30, 2012 - July 8, 2012.
$189 Standard Double Ocean Front
$209 Standard King Ocean Front
(Condos are rented by week only)
$ 245 One Bedroom Condo
$365 Two Bedroom Condo
$500 Three Bedroom Condo
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to: Understand transaction strategies and structure Apply an effective process to establish transaction OpriceO Master the common elements in negotiated transactions Get better results through comparing asset and stock transactions Save a business for its employees or for the family
- Case analysis of deal structure, tax strategy and the OwhyO of transactions
- Illustrations of applicable tax law in real-world circumstances
- Questions pertinent to CPAs involved in both auditing and tax preparation, as well as to other professionals like bankers, financial advisors, attorneys and insurance representatives
- Transaction valuation fundamentals: determining price, transaction price vs. fair market value, valuation techniques
- Dealmaking: the fluid nature of the deal environment, price vs. terms, financial considerations
- Sale or purchase of assets or stock: C Corporation applications, S Corporation applications, allocation of purchase price, tax attributes
- Keeping the business in the family: methods for passing wealth to the next generation
Who Should Attend:
* Advisors of closely held businesses, business owners, senior level managers, chief financial officers, bankers, internal auditors and others responsible for creating proper structure and obtaining benefits in the purchase, sale or merger of a business
Experience in business taxation and mergers & acquisitions