WEBCAST: Strengthen the Inquiry Skills You Need to Gather Evidence (17W316)
Online registrations are closed for this event. We can take your registration over the phone at 800-782-2036.
Recent developments in various auditing, regulatory and compliance standards have increased the importance of effective inquiry as a means of gathering sufficient and appropriate evidence to support conclusions. This course will provide tips and techniques for effectively gathering information needed from management, employees, and others - while maintaining and enhancing interpersonal relationships. We will also emphasize how to evaluate whether sufficient and appropriate evidence has been obtained to satisfy objectives of inquiry procedures.
- Develop proficiency at conducting both effective and efficient interviews
- Learn how to construct effective questions to satisfy intended objectives
- Manage conflict and other uncomfortable interview situations
- Understand important "attentive listening" skills
- Overview of common uses of inquiry to satisfy various professional and regulatory standards and requirements
- Potential traps and downfalls when relying on inquiry to support objectives
- Structuring interviews for maximum effectiveness
- Analyzing communications for clues of deception
- Options for increasing the persuasiveness of information gathered through inquiry
- Emphasizing the soft skills necessary to enhance and preserve interpersonal relationships
Who Should Attend:
Anyone who uses inquiry as a procedure to fulfill audit, attestation or compliance objectives