BEACH RETREAT: Navigating Turbulent Times - How to Deal with the 5C's - Tom Hood, CPA (171006)
Online registrations are closed for this event. We can take your registration over the phone at 800-782-2036.
"Equipped with his galoshes and heavy weather jacket, Tom Hood, CPA, CITP, CGMA and MACPA CEO, brings you 'Navigating Turbulent Times,' his session on dealing with the 5 C's at the 2012 Beach Retreat. Change, Complexity, Compliance, Convergence, and Competition are the new C's we need to navigate as CPAs. Did you catch the 5 C's (seas) metaphor earlier With his enthusiastic approach and insightful wisdom, Tom Hood will share leadership strategies for individuals and organizations, with key principles on how to stay afloat with the tides of change in the CPA profession."
SPECIAL DISCOUNTED ROOM RATES FOR ATTENDEES: Discounted room rates at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel. Make hotel reservations by June 2, 2012. You must call the Clarion at 800-638-2100 and request the special Maryland Association of CPAs group rate. Two night minimum stay; rates good June 30, 2012 - July 8, 2012.
$189 Standard Double Ocean Front
$209 Standard King Ocean Front
(Condos are rented by week only)
$ 245 One Bedroom Condo
$365 Two Bedroom Condo
$500 Three Bedroom Condo
This course will help ground you long enough to get a grip on many of our profession's challenges. You will leave this course with a much better idea of how to stay afloat with the excessive change we deal with.
- Change: According to an educators’ panel at the Aspen Institute, the rate of change over the next decade as it relates to technology is expected to be four to seven times faster than during the previous decade. If it’s four times faster, it would be like preparing for today in 1890. If it’s seven times faster, it would be like preparing for today in 1670. It seems the only constant these days is change.
- Complexity: "The biggest challenge facing enterprises from here on will be the accelerating complexity and the velocity of a world that is operating on a massively interconnected system."
- Compliance - with all of the rapidly changing standards that are impacting the profession. Things like state and federal legislation and regulation, auditor rotation, mobility, regulation of tax preparers, etc., etc.
- Convergence - dealing with IFRS and the convergence of U.S. GAAP with global accounting standards.
- Competition - there’s more of it than ever, and it’s coming at us faster than ever.
Who Should Attend:
All CPAs, and accountant's