Cancelled: Employee Benefit and Retirement Planning: Pension and Deferred Compensation Tools (111199)
Online registrations are closed for this event. We can take your registration over the phone at 800-782-2036.
There are numerous tools available in the field of employee benefit and retirement planning. This course provides an overall review of a variety of qualified and nonqualified planning tools. Understand the advantages and disadvantages, tax implications, and design factors of each one, and learn how to use these tools to meet clients' objectives.
To give an overview a variety of qualified and nonqualified planning tools to assist in addressing clients' employee benefit and retirement planning objectives
- Six steps in the employee planning process
- How to design the right pension plan for a business client
- Advantages and disadvantages of a defined contribution plan
- Advantages and disadvantages of a defined benefit pension plan
- How Keoghs differ from other qualified plans
- Distribution and rollover rules of an IRA and Roth IRA; advantages and disadvantages of simple IRAs
- Design features of a money purchase pension plan
- Types of benefit and contribution formulas under a nonqualified deferred compensation plan
- Tax implications when using a nonqualified deferred compensation plan
- How to use vesting provisions in a profit-sharing plan
- IRC 401(k) plan issues
- The "Roth 401(k)"
- Features of a SEP
- General rules of qualification under qualified pension and profit-sharing plans
- Basic outline of the complex retirement plan distribution rules
- Distinctive steps to installing a qualified plan
Who Should Attend:
CPAs, EAs, attorneys, finance professionals, and financial planners