The MACPA's in-house podcast takes a weekly look at the issues that impact Maryland CPAs, their clients and their businesses.
Our most recent podcasts:
- Ron Shapiro: Negotiations don't have to be ruthless
- Sports agent, best-selling author, and negotiator extraordinaire Ron Shapiro examines "the power of nice" when it comes to negotiations -- and it's a powerful concept indeed.
- Ken Kelly: The global role of CPAs
- Former McCormick Controller Ken Kelly came back from the recent World Congress of Accountants with some eye-opening new perspectives on the role CPAs play in the global economy.
- Brad Snyder: Beat the odds by focusing on what you CAN do -- not what you can't
- Navy veteran, Paralympic champion and veterans' advocate Brad Snyder says overcoming adversity is all about your state of mind.
- Mental conditioning: A new edge for CPAs?
- Follow the leader: What role do followers play making leaders great?
- Best-selling author Emmanuel Gobillot turns the study of leadership on its head by asking: What do followers want?
- Insights from new Maryland Deputy Comptroller David Roose
- New Deputy Comptroller David Roose discusses CPAs' impact on Maryland's economy, and on its legislative process.
- Reflections with outgoing Deputy Comptroller Linda Tanton
- Outgoing Maryland Deputy Comptroller Linda Tanton reflects on the job, the economy, the role CPAs play in the state.
- "To Sell Is Human," with Dan Pink
- Best-selling author explains why we are all salespeople today -- and why that's important for CPAs.
- Risk management: What CPAs need to know
- Representatives from CNA, the MACPA's preferred provider of professional liability insurace for members, take a closer look at the risk-related issues that are impacting CPAs today.
- What's the big deal about Big Data?
- Hudson Hollister, executive director of the Data Transparency Coalition, takes a closer look at what Big Data and XBRL can do -- and why CPAs should care.